06 May 2012

100 Calorie Coconut Cupcakes



I'm sure you know this by now... but I LOVE to try new recipes.  My husband gives me a hard time and is always telling me if I find something good to keep it and just make it over and over again. 


But what if I find something even BETTER?


So in my usual Pinterest exploration I uncovered this amazing website and really awesome recipes.  It's a HUGE bonus that they all include nutrition facts and Weight Watchers points plus values!


I found this coconut cake and had to try it.  


I made a couple changes, but it was SO simple.




100 Calorie Coconut Cupcakes


Coconut Cake:
1              Box White Cake Mix
1 TBSP   Coconut Extract
1              20 oz Can No Sugar Added Crushed Pineapple (do not drain)


Whipped Frosting:
1                16 oz Container Fat Free Cool Whip
1/2 TBSP  Coconut Extract


Topping:
Browned shredded coconut


In a bowl, combine box mix, pineapple and coconut extract.  Stir until smooth.  Line cupcake pan with liners and scoop batter filling each cup 1/2 full.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Let cool.


When ready to frost, combine cool whip and extract.  Frost cupcakes and top with shredded coconut.


Refrigerate and serve cold.




SO moist and flavorful and refreshing!!!  Such a yummy dessert on a warm day!


And you won't believe this.


Only 100 calories per cupcake!  


Or 2 WWP+ points!

No comments:

Post a Comment