11 May 2012

Spicy Sausage Pasta



I came across this recipe on Kevin & Amanda.  I don't usually enjoy spicy dishes, but as much as Amanda talked this one up I just HAD to try it.

IT WAS AMAZING.

Life-changing really.

Totally opened my eyes to the world that is spicy foods - although it probably pretty low on the spice scale! :)

I made a couple slight variations from Kevin & Amanda's recipe 
(I don't like to cook with heavy cream if I can help it!)




Spicy Sausage Pasta


1 tbsp Canola Oil
1 lb Smoked Sausage
1 cup diced onion
1 tsp garlic powder
2 cups chicken broth
1 (1 oz) can Ro-tel with green chiles
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp light sour cream
8 oz penne pasta
1/2 tsp salt & pepper, each
1 cup shredded montery jack cheese
1/3 cup green onions, sliced


Add oil to skillet and turn to medium heat.  Cut sausage into slices , dice onion and brown in pan.  Once browned, add garlic powder.

Add broth, ro-tel, milk, sour cream, pasta, salt & pepper - bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover.  Simmer about 15 minutes until pasta is done.

Remove from heat, stir in 1/2 cup of cheese, layer remaining cheese on top and sprinkle with green onions.

Makes 4 generous servings!


That's it!  And you only had to dirty ONE pan! 

Try this.

Easy and really, really, REALLY good.

Mike requests that I make this EVERY week.

I might be OK with that, but will definitely sub for turkey sausage next time to cut the fat down a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment