03 March 2013

Our {Two} Weeks - 2/18/13 - 3/3/13

I really had good intentions with this weekly update thing.  The past couple weeks have been exceptionally busy around here, though!  So, that resulted in one update for the past two weeks!  Oh well, that's OK sometimes, right?



Cheesin'




Mariah has been such a good kid lately.  Not sure if she's outgrowing terrible twos or what, but she's much more reasonable lately.  I am very thankful for that.  And she is just so darn funny.  The things the girl comes up with - just hilarious!

We also enrolled Mariah for preschool this week.  In some ways its SO hard to believe that she will be starting school in the fall, but I KNOW she is ready for it.  I sure hope her teachers are ready for this firecracker :)











He has my heart :)
Madden, on the other hand, is making his way toward the terrible twos ;)  He likes to get his way and knows how to throw a fit to get it.  I guess after watching his sister for the last year he has the techniques down :) 

 But really I know that it is just the way little one's learn - he's SUCH a sweet kid the majority of the time.  His laugh is contagious!

His favorite thing to do lately when I am putting dinner together or cleaning up is to grab on to my legs, not letting me move until I pick him up.  We call him a leg-clinger :)  It's sweet, really!





A VERY early morning with Mariah one of the days
Mike was in Orlando!





Mike went to Orlando for a few days of work training last week.  He got to enjoy some decent weather and actually got to run outside in non-freezing temps (jealous!).   The kids and I held down the fort (let me tell you, I was exhausted when he got home!)
















I attended CEW at St. Paul's last weekend.  It was SUCH a great experience, something I was hesitant to do with so many other responsibilities back home, but turns out it was EXACTLY what I needed.  I am truly blessed and so grateful for everything in my life.  




On President's Day the kiddos went to spend the day at Grandma's and Grandpa's house.  On the way there I told Mariah that it was President's Day.  She said, in a very excited voice, "PRESENT'S Day?!?!"


Putting Mariah to bed one night I told her a story about a bear who ran out of honey.  She quickly responded that SHE could make some honey for him.  I told her that she should probably let the bees make the honey.  She insisted that she could do it, but the bees could come over if they wanted.  She then proceeded to tell me the recipe for honey:

  • eggs (i asked how they should be prepared - she decided scrambed would be best)
  • sugar
  • strawberries
  • honey (yep, you need honey to make honey - I questioned this, but she said it's necessary)
  • water
  • chocolate milk
So, now you know in case you run out of honey.  Or I should say when your honey is running low... since honey is a necessary ingredient in honey :)


As I was prepping dinner one weeknight Mariah ran to the fridge and opened it, grabbing applesauce (one of those pouches).  I told her she should wait until dinner to have the applesauce.  She didn't like that idea.  She then lifted up the applesauce and pretended to read the back of it saying:

"It say's right here, Mom.  Eat applesauce first before you eat your dinner."


No idea where she comes up with these things - but she was on a roll the past couple weeks :D



Painting!

Mariah and I did some painting this weekend.  She's truly an artist.  I think she would paint all day if I let her.  And I WOULD let her if she didn't think that the chair cover was a towel to wipe paint off her hands :o  Thankfully, its washable paint!

Check out her projects!




Mariah and Madden playing Elefun together!
Madden likes to pick up all the butterflies :)


No comments:

Post a Comment