03 June 2013

{Our Week} - 5/27/13 - 6/2/13

Wow!  How is is June already?  I know I say this ALL the time, but time is flying.  And speaking of flying - the Quad City Air Show is less than 3 weeks away!  Will be here before we know it!  Check out the details here :)





Madden was a tad bit on the grumpy side this week (not that you can tell from his picture, though!).  Why is it that I always forget about those darn teeth?  It took us a good couple days to figure out why he was grumpier than normal - and by then we could already see that tooth popping through!

In other news - Madden LOVES cereal.  So much so that its usually the first thing he says in the morning.  When I walk into his room her looks at me and demands "CEREALLL".  Pronounces it clear as day.  It's so funny. :)








Mariah mastered some bike skills this week.  Not only did she learn how to properly use the brakes, but she can even pedal up hills like a champ!  This girl wants to do it all herself :)  It's fun to see how excited she gets when she conquers something new.  She must have rode a few miles on her bike this weekend.

Oh, and we totally let her ride her bike inside sometimes when its raining.  And we even let Madden ride on the back (with supervision and slow speeds!).






Speaking of bikes - it's fair to say that Mike has a biking addiction!  He logged over 100 miles this week!  Remember how I mentioned that Mike doesn't "dabble" in stuff?  Go big or go home!

I started a new challenge this week - my goal is to run 20 miles a week.  That way I can decide if I'd rather do it via short runs every day, a few long runs throughout the week, or some combination of the two.  I tend to struggle when I'm not hard-core training for something, so I think this will help push me to get out there!  Plus, I need to get ready for the Bix!



We went for a walk around our neighborhood on Friday evening and a lady was out walking her dog on the other side of the street.

We were enjoying our walk and minding our own business when Mariah yelled:

"Hey Lady!  I like your dog!!!"

Then proceeded to start crossing the street to go say hi to the dog (don't worry, we helped her to look for cars and cross the street safely).

Maybe you had to be there - but Mike and I thought it was SO funny.  This little three year old is NOT shy and has no problem striking up a conversation with a complete stranger. :)




The Park (Again!)

I think its safe to say the weekend is not complete without a visit to the park!

On top of trying to do a little cleaning and organizing around the house (YAY for cleaning closets and taking bags of stuff to the consignment store!) we definitely had to squeeze in a little bit of play time in the gorgeous Saturday sun!

Trying to look all serious!

Having a blast!

Not following slide etiquette by walking up it :)

Fast slide!

Afterwards the kids passed out in the car :)



Two favorites this week :)

One for each kid of course.

Madden riding on Grampi's lawn mower

Mariah eating oatmeal on the porch Saturday morning :)




No comments:

Post a Comment