05 September 2013

{Our Week} - 8/26/13 - 9/1/13

Why hello September - where did YOU come from?!  It's hard to believe that summer is coming to a close.  It makes me sad to see the sun going down before 8pm - but on the bright side maybe it will make bedtime a little easier since the sun won't be shining through the kids' curtains as we tuck them in bed?  **Wishful thinking!!**



Madden, oh Madden.  Love that boy.  He's been so talkative lately... babbling on and on.  He's also rediscovered the word "NO" and uses it as much as he possibly can.  Usually in various forms, my favorite being "NO WAY!".  Our favorite bedtime book this week has been "Goodnight Gorilla".  He goes to bed talking about that book and yells for it first thing in the morning.  We are also attempting the start of potty training (WHAT?  I know.  I can't believe it).  Unfortunately asking Madden if he wants to try the potty has resulted in the response "NO! NO WAY!".  :)  I have a feeling its going to be a slow process.




Mariah is keeping busy with school!  This week they learned about the letter A and apples!  They even made their own applesauce, which Mariah thought was pretty cool!  She came home one day and told me that when we sit on the ground we have to do "criss cross applesauce" (aka indian style).  Love it and all the fun stories she shares about her days at preschool!

Also had to share the picture on the right.  Mariah loves stuffed animals in bed, but it was a little creepy to walk into her room to check on her and she was sound asleep but all her animals were lined up and facing the door! Haha :)



Not much new with Mike and I - just busy with work and trying to fit in some runs and workouts when we can! :)  We both conquered 10 mile runs this weekend - better start training for that half marathon in a couple weeks (yikes...).














We were in the car driving home and I lifted my hand up to fix my hair.  Mariah yelled from the back seat:

"MOM, two hands on the wheel please!"

I told her she was right and resumed the proper 10-and-2 position on the steering wheel.

A minute later: "MOM, do you have two hands on the wheel?"

Oops.  I cant get away with anything ;)



Homemade Gak!

With daddy attending the Iowa football game on Saturday, the kids and I whipped up a batch of homemake gak (blue of course!).  Mariah was a big helper mixing it up and both kids had a blast playing with it! 




A video this week! Madden on his NO streak (told ya) :)





No comments:

Post a Comment