15 March 2012

Mint Chocolate Delights


Just after Christmas I was doing some shopping at Target (while Mike graciously sat in the parking lot with the two kiddos – Madden sound asleep in typical newborn fashion and Mariah happily watching Elmo on the headrest DVD player.  Oh and Mike got to listen to sports on the radio… so really we were all happy!)  Anyways...on one of the sale endcaps at Target they had some bags of these Dark Chocolate and Mint chips.  I love mint and chocolate, so I grabbed one knowing it would be a part of a yummy treat down the road.


The bag sat in my pantry for a while (don't worry, they didn't expire until November 2012) and I kept looking at it and saying "I need to use those sometime soon".  Well last night we were in desperate need of a treat after dinner.  Opening the pantry for inspiration I again spotted the bag and knew today was the day.  Unsure of how I would incorporate them into a recipe I turned over the bag and saw the recipe for "Mint Chocolate Delights".  Um…YUM!

Luckily I had all the ingredients in stock so I got to work.


Dropping the dough using my small cookie scoop onto my NEW Pampered Chef metal cookie sheet (which I am in LOVE with) and bake.


Dare I say it’s a SOFT version of a thin mint cookie! :)



Mint Chocolate Delights
Nestle

2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
10 oz. package Nestle Dark Chocolate & Mint morsels

Preheat oven to 325* F.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in small bowl.  Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in morsels.  Drop by well-rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set.

Makes 4 dozen cookies.









1 comment: