19 March 2012

Philly Cheesesteak Pizza


After Madden's baptism party we had some leftover roast beef.  I racked my brain for any way I could incorporate this roast beef into a dinner… something beyond lunch meat and cheese on a bun.  Then I had an idea… a pizza!
 
Using a pillsbury refridgerated pizza dough, I rolled it out and brushed it with canola oil. 


Then I cut the roast beef up into small pieces and scattered on top of dough.  Next I chopped a red onion and a green pepper and scattered that around the roast beef. 


 
Lastly I grated some swiss cheese and sprinkled generously (except the small corner we kept allergy free for Mariah :)


Popped in the oven for 15 minutes at 425*


 
Let me tell you… this was seriously the best pizza I've ever had!  Mike and I ate this up quicker than you could imagine.  We decided that it tastes like a Philly Cheesesteak in pizza form… even if it doesn’t really have all the normal cheesesteak ingredients! 
 
So next time you have some lunch meat to use up… TRY THIS.  Actually, I'm going to buy lunch meat specifically to make this AGAIN! J 

No comments:

Post a Comment