09 July 2012

Chipotle Black Bean Burgers & a Big Girl Bed!




Most days I think I could be a vegetarian.  I could totally live on peanut butter and cheese (NO, not together!).  


But really... who needs meat??


Then I came across this bean burger - I thought WOW, that looks SO yummy.  I really DON'T need meat.


I couldn't wait to make them!


Mike was NOT so enthusiastic.  He's a MEAT guy - through and through.   Give him a huge steak and a Blue Moon and he's good to go.


Oh well... I didn't care.  I was going to make them anyways and prove to him that a bean burger can be just as good as a real burger! :)




My review: I LOVED them.  I could easily have them once a week.  They had A LOT of flavor.  My only complaint was their texture... it was slightly mushy.  But I kind of expected that, so it didn't bother me too much! :)


Mike's review: It was NOT a burger in his book.  MEAT PLEASE! :)


Oh well.  We can agree to disagree on this one.  But my suggestion is that this recipe is worth a try!  It was quick and easy, and a heck of a lot cheaper than ground beef!


Visit Iowa Girl Eats for the step by step process for making em!








Oh, and Mariah decided to grow up a couple years this weekend.  


Not only does she get herself dressed, use the potty (most of the time!) and talk a mile a minute, she also SLEEPS IN A BIG GIRL BED!  Anyone who knows me knows that this was a HUGE fear of mine.  How could we possibly contain our crazy girl without a crib?




But, this girl I tell ya, she shocks us at every turn.


Just to give you an idea....


SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT: At six weeks old


TEETH COMING IN: Took it like a champ.  I think we were up maybe 2 nights with a cranky, teething baby!


BREAKING THE BOTTLE: Around one year we starting thinking about the fact that we'd have to break her from the bottle.  Before we'd even attempted she decided one day she didn't want it anymore.  That was that!


DITCHING THE PACIFIER: We were TERRIFIED to take away her pacifier.... at 18 months we lost our last one.  She was upset for her first nap without it, and after that had no care in the world that it was missing.


CRIB TO BIG GIRL BED:  No big deal. Tried it on a whim at 26 months old - slept from 8 pm until 8 am her first night! 

1 comment:

  1. You have GOT to try Morning Star Black Bean Burgers... SOOOOO good. My hubby is a meat and potatoes guy, too, but he actually really likes them. I know you're trying to make them from scratch, but try these and you might get new ideas!! :) http://www.morningstarfarms.com/morningstar-farms-spicy-black-bean-veggie-burgers.html

    ReplyDelete