23 July 2012

Lasagna Roll-ups


Lasagna is the ultimate comfort food.  Noodles, meat and cheese... can't get much better than that!  I'd seen the idea of lasagna roll ups floating around on Pinterest and knew I wanted to try it someday.


My least favorite part of lasagna is leftovers.  When I move it from the pan to the tupperware container it gets all mushed together.  I end up basically tearing the lasagna apart trying to get it out to re-warm it. (Maybe I'm the only one with this issue?)


Anyways.... I had to try this roll up idea. 


You can use any basic lasagna recipe.  Everyone seems to have a slightly different variation.  The recipe I use is called "Easy Lasagna" (I am not a fan of ricotta cheese, so I prefer this recipe):


1 lb ground beef, browned
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 onion, chopped
1 box lasagna noodles (I used oven-ready noodles)
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
 1 cup cheddar cheese


Brown ground beef and onion in skillet.  While browning, boil water and soften lasagna noodles.  Add about 80% of the spaghetti sauce to the beef.  When noodles are soft enough to roll up (they do not have to be fully cooked) drain water and lay noodles on a cutting board or flat surface.  Add a thin layer of the meat mixture and both types of cheese, roll up and insert into well of brownie pan (IT'S A PERFECT FIT!) You could also use a 9x13 baker - just place the roll ups right next to each other.  Continue this process to use all ingredients (I made 10 roll ups).  Pour the remaining sauce over each lasagna roll up and sprinkle with cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.




Easy lasagna ready to serve!  No cutting necessary! :)



1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking I need to get one of those Pampered Chef pans. :)

    ReplyDelete