16 February 2012

Quick & Easy Baked Beef Taquitos!

Mike (my husband) loves mexican food - so I make enchiladas A LOT. We like them fine, but sometimes you just want to try something new. I had all the ingredients to make enchiladas tonight, but thought I would try something different. I did a quick search for "beef taquitos" and found a couple recipes. I gathered some ideas from each of them and came up with my own recipe. They turned out super yummy!

We made some with and without cheese. My 22 month old daughter Mariah could actually eat the ones without cheese! It's always a small victory when we can make ONE meal for dinner that makes everyone happy and is allergy-free (Mariah is allergic to eggs, milk and soy!)



Baked Beef Taquitos

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup salsa
salt and pepper to taste
mexican blend cheese
10-12 flour tortillas
canola oil

Brown ground beef. Once browned, stir in salsa, add salt and pepper to taste. Place approximately 1/4 cup of beef/salsa in tortilla as well as a couple pinches of cheese and roll tightly. Place rolled taquitos in a foil-lined baking dish and brush with canola oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Simple as that! They came out slightly crunchy and super tasty! Have some sour cream and extra salsa handy for dipping! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment